There has never been a better time to move your business to Downtown Cleveland! Here at the Downtown Cleveland Alliance, we understand that relocating a business is much more than a real estate decision. It’s a competitive decision. A financial decision. A human resource decision. From research and tools to personal guidance, we provide you with everything needed to make the right decision and ensure a smooth transition to a Downtown address.
Here are 10 reasons why you should consider making the move:
1. Taxes - KPMG identified Cleveland as one of the best cities in the world for business tax structure.
2. Talent - Cleveland is emerging as a magnet for talent attraction, experiencing a 68% increase in the number of 25-34 year old college graduates (2006-2012).
3. Tech Growth - Downtown business accelerator Bizdom raised $6 million in venture capital to support Downtown tech business growth.
4. Small Business Loans – The Grow Cuyahoga County Fund is a unique loan program designed for small, for-profit businesses which lends anywhere between $35,000 and $1 million to use as working capital for machinery and equipment, acquisition of land and buildings, construction, renovations and tenant improvements.
5. Technology Business Grant – This grant, created by the City of Cleveland, is designed to provide up to $50,000 per year for 3 years to growing technology companies for the purposes of funding the development of new job opportunities for local, talented citizens.
6. Business Forums – A representative from your business has the opportunity to meet four times throughout the year with civic leaders to learn about the agenda for improving downtown, and to voice valuable opinions.
7. Office Visitation & Brainstorm Sessions – As a Downtown business, you have the opportunity to meet with a DCA representative to express your opinions and plans for the future, as well as work together with DCA to brainstorm ideas for connecting your business to resources that could aid in your future growth and success.
8. Citywide Business Grant Program – New businesses moving to Cleveland have the opportunity to receive a grant of up to $50,000 per year for three years to grow their business.
9. Transportation – Commuting Downtown is easy, but it is made even easier by using public transportation (the RTA and free trolley services), and by bike.
10. Step Up Downtown – This program will ensure Downtown Cleveland continues to develop in a way that will not only benefit the city, but the businesses that call it home.
The list could go on, but if you’re looking for even more reasons to make the move, please reach out to a member of our team today. We can answer questions you may have regarding real estate, special grants and loans, as well as anything else you may have on your mind related to having a Downtown Cleveland business address.
Executive Vice President, Business Services and Legal Affairs
Business Development Specialist
Business Development Manager
Business Engagement Manager